25 September 2006

Hello everyone! I am new to blogging but not new to art and my addiction to yarn. I have been crocheting on and off since I was 7 (am now 41). This past summer I decided to jump in feet first into knitting and now I wonder "WHAT WAS I WAITING FOR". Geez! Now I am off and running. I am more addicted then before which I thought would not be possible. I also used think that my "stash" was huge but have learned that its nothing compared to some of my local fellow yarn addicts (more about them soon!).

I have always had several yarn projects going at once and now that I have picked up knitting its getting really crazy (is there such a thing when it comes to yarn? I say NO). I have realized recently that I have to live to be at least 150 in order to create all the yarn art projects that I have in mind. That is of course if I do not add any more projects or keep my mind from coming up with any new ideas (YEAH RIGHT!).

I hope to share some pictures, projects and patterns (its only been since July 2006 and I have already created my own pattern, just need to learn how to write it properly so it will make sense to others). I will setup links to everything yarn, knitting and crocheting.

I would like to communicate with others like me. I know you other yarn addicts are out there, hiding with your stashes, outwardly laughing at Stephanie McPhee's (Yarn Harlot) newest book but inside saying "OMG! Thats me she is describing. How can she know me so well".

Also not to be left un-mentioned. I am also an artist. I paint and draw and will share these as well. My wheels are always turning over new creative pursuits.

No comments: