15 November 2006

Project Pictures

Finally, I have pictures to post of my knitting.


This is the cable hat and cuffs (minus the beads) from "Stitch 'n Bitch Nation". I did them in Brown Sheep Wool. First time I have used this yarn it felt really nice in my hands and it has a nice sheen to it. I am making another one like this for a friend for the holidays out of Encore and James wants another one in Brown Sheep Orange Cotton Fleece. This time I am going to do the ribbing a little longer and add and extra pattern round because it fits more like a cap if I follow the pattern exactly and doesn't cover the ears. It gets cold enough here that one wants their ears covered.

So here are the socks I am making for my brother-in-law for Christmas. My second attempt at socks, the first one is done now on two its mate. The notes they are laying on is the pattern that I put together by combing what I liked from about 6 different sock patterns.


This is the first sock. Sock gone bad. I followed the pattern to the letter and I knew I wouldn't like it after I got a little past the ribbing. The pattern said to do the ribbing for 6 rounds only and it looks ...well...wonkey (for lack of a better word). The third pic is of the two that was totally a disaster. I should have just stopped and ripped it all back when I thought the ribbing was off but I couldn't stop myself....I was way too excited about making my first sock...the heel and the gusset came out so great that I kind of just ignored how strange the ribbing looked. LOL oh well...



I have more pics but I will save them for another post.
Time for class.

No comments: