02 January 2007

Projects Galore 2

Here are some more projects that I created as Holiday Gifts:




Maria's scarf: Ok this has a cool sort of wrap pattern that the cannot be seen well in this picture. I used a pattern stitch from "Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns", using a stitch pattern called "pillar stitch" I then wrote my own pattern for the scarf. I used Caron's Simply Soft Yarn. I am not a big fan of acrylics but this is one of the exceptions. The yarn is extremely soft and has a sheen that is usually only seen in higher quality carns. It is a comfortable yarn to work with and knits up beautifully, makes gorgeous scraves and sweaters and hold up really well. As with all acrylic yarns its a bit difficult to block and should be taken to the cleaners to be steamed pressed in order for it to lay flat. My sister in NYC was the reciever and she told me she loves and now wants socks. LOL of course.

Robert's scarf: This one I made for my brother-in-law (Maria's hubby). Though I haven't heard it from him my sister tells me he loves it and its the perfect color for him. Its made from the same yarn that I made my sister's from. It is just a simple K2, P2 rib. I did not use a pattern I just casted on about 36 stitches and went for it, stopped when I thought it would be long enough. lol Again because of this yarn, the sheen gives the scarf an upscale look.
As a side note: I happen to have a ton of Caron's Simply Soft Yarn in my stash. Why? Well, a few years ago (actually about 10) Walmart put all their Caron Simply Soft on sale because they said at the time they were not going to carry it any longer (they didn't for a long time and recently began to again). The sale was too much to pass up, $0.50 a skein. Now I ask you, how could any true yarn addict pass up a sale like that? NONE I say. LOL Suffice it to say I went to town and purchased as much of every color that I could afford. OF COURSE.! Now this week I will be going through my stash and removing things I will absolutely never crochet or knit with but not of what I will be donating will be the Simply Soft. Cannot part with it, sorry, no how, no way! lol
Ok...thats it for today. I hope everyone had a happy and safe new year!
Good wishes to all.

1 comment:

mdvelazquez said...

I love my beautiful, soft green scarf. And thank you so much for not making it out of wool (which makes me itch).

Yes, I definitely want socks too.