07 May 2007

Drop everything...


...to do this! I have a serious problem! ...a problem with beautiful hand painted yarn

Cabin Cove Mercantile
Fingering weight
450 yds
Handpainted By Dave Daniels
Colorway: Mountain Meadow MN096
US 9 24" Circulars
Chevron/feather fan pattern

I love it....its super soft and the colors are bright and soothing...reminds me of spring wild flowers....and though I have tons of projects going and a lot of yarn that I want to play with i HAD to stop and play with this one. Isn't it great! Yes I know its sock yarn but I have been wanting some of Dave's yarn for so long that I didn't want to make something that would be hidden under pants...it needed to be showed off....thought I have to see thay socks made for this yarn will be really happy and relaxed feet because it is so very soft.

Sigh now the only problem with this is that once I use it I will want more Dave Yarn....damn that sucks when that happens huh? hehehehe......

Oh and by the way lovely enabler Florrie from Deluxe yarn is way too accomodating sometimes....I just mentioned to her that I want to try spinning but that I just wanted to get my hand on a drop spindle and some roving just to see if I could do it and if I would like and what does she do.....oh here had this in the back just sitting there....hands be a good size portion of roving in a natural color and a spindle that she just has lying around....no she doesn't sell spinning supplies....yet anyway.....it her stuff but she let me take it home with her to try.....she is such an enabler lol...geez!

4 comments:

mdvelazquez said...

Ooh! I can't wait to see/hear if you like spinning. When are you going to try it?

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Will you STOP taunting me with new yarns? I found Cabin Cove ages back but managed to keep away. Now you're tempting me again!

And spinning is wonderful. Don't worry about dropping the spindle with breaking thread for the first eighteen times. It gets so much better and it feels wonderful!

Cindy/Snid said...

I like the pattern with that yarn, it looks great! Nice and bright, definitely wouldn't want to hide it under pants and shoes!

As for the spinning... I hear you. I feel like my LYS and friends are doing the same thing. They all spin and it looked so fun and now the bug is slowly biting me.... Last time I made a purchase at me LYS it was fiber. Darn temptresses!

Ann said...

Yeah..another one suckered into the flock...you won't be able to stop with just one...