29 May 2007

Lang's Mille Colori

I have had these done for a while but for some reason I failed to post about them. don't know why, because I am really in love with they way they came out. I used the same yarn for both projects. It is Lang Yarns' Mille Colori line. It is made up of 50% New wool and 50% Acrylic and gives a gauge of 15 stitches per 4 inches on US 10 needles. Each ball contains about 92m. It is absolutely lovely to work with. It is a bit fuzzy but lays down nicely after washing.


Pattern: Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole by Kathleen Power Johnson from Interweave Knits' "Scarf Style"; page 52


Needles: Addi Turbo circulars, U.S. 10

Yarn: Lang Yarns Mille Colori in colorway 0053; used 10 balls

Notes: I absolutely love this pattern. I did not add the netted fringe the pattern called for because I thought the yarn didn't need it. It is super soft and the yarn makes the wrap stretchy. The yarn also has a nice upscale sheen to it. I need to find a nice simple one color dress or suit to wear it with. I had so much fun see all the color changes that occured in every square. The pattern was super easy but the changes that are required for an Entrelac pattern kept it interesting. Finished it came out to about 70" by 25", so pretty large but I was surprised at how fast the pattern went. I was a little sad when it was finished it because it was so much fun to make. My honey actually wanted to turn it into a lapghan! No way in hell was that going to happen after how much all the yarn cost me (don't ask). LOL

Pattern: umm yeah pattern...well I found it free online somewhere but do not know where I put the printout. Yes I know ...duh!

Needles: US 8, Brittany's

Yarn: Lang Yarns Mille Colori in colorway 0046.

Notes: After I completed Lady Eleanor I was so in love with the yarn that I wanted to make something else with it in a different colorway. This pattern worked well with the colorway since it wasn't as busy as the other one. I believe that this will be going to someone special that I have in mind, next Christmas. Someone that I know loves purples.

Progress Report:
I have finished knitting up two of the bags I am going to felt and working on the 3rd. I will post pictures of them after felting. I took a break from sock knitting but I am getting the itch again. Also craving to get back to work on my lace projects. Oh yes and still working steadily on my "secret project" at my LYS. I work on that one when I go there in order to keep it a secret. shhhhhhhhhh....

2 comments:

needlefingers said...

Lady Eleanor is stunning!!! Oh my word, that is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's not a secret if you admit to it, silly. :P

Miss you!

*HUGS*