25 May 2007

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Yeah I know, I am spoiled. This picture is my bday gift from my (baby) sister, Deli (short for Delicia...which for those that do not speak Spanish, means delightful, and she is! too me anyway). I LOVE movies and inside the keepsake bowl there are treats that one would find at a theater snack counter. I once threw a kids party when my niece was about 12 and she came to visit me that was a movie theme. I printed up tickets (as the invites) and got fake money and set up movie type treats. It was a lot of fun. The kids seemed to have a good time (we showed a short and then Spy Kids). I had a blast and I hope my niece remembers it.

Well, thats about it really. Except for the next bit. My lovely friend Monkey Socks sent me a funny email that I thought was too good not to share. It is also the reason for the title of the post.

"FIRST GRADERS"

A first grade school teacher in Virginia had twenty-five students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the first half of a well known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders.

Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!

1. Don't change horses........................until they stop running.
2. Strike while the...........................bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before.................Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of...........termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but..... ..how?
6. Don't bite the hand that....................looks dirty.
7. No news is.................................impossible.
8. A miss is as good as a ...................Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new .........math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll..........stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust.......................... me.
12. The pen is mightier than the..............pigs.
13. An idle mind is......................... .the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's...............pollution.
15. Happy is the bride who....................gets all the presents.
16. A penny saved is..........................not much
17. Two's company, three's ................the Musketeers
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what ...... you put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and.. you have to blow your nose.
20. There are none so blind as.......... ....Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not...........spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed............ get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you ...see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind...... ....get out of the way.

No comments: